Deploy an ASP.NET app to an Azure virtual machine
Create VM in Azure portal
In this step, you will create a new Azure virtual machine that’s configured for deploying and hosting ASP.NET 4.6 web applications.
Click the following Create Azure VM button.
If prompted, sign in to Azure.
If you don’t have an Azure subscription you can create an Azure Free Account.
Provide the required input values, then select Purchase.
- Subscription: Choose your Azure subscription
- Resource group: Enter MyWebAppResources
- Location: Accept the default or choose a desired region from the list
- Virtual Machine Name: Enter MyWebAppVM
- Admin Username/Password: Create an administrator username and password for the VM.
Remember this username and password! You will need it later.
- Terms and conditions: Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions
You can move on to the next step while your VM is being provisioned.
I ran into an issue My virtual machine is being created